Using the W7FG Open Wire Fed True Ladder Line Multi-Band Dipole Is Easy!
Why use an open-wire fed doublet? Quite simply, they are efficient, broadband, easily tuned with a balanced input tuner, nearly unaffected by rain, easy to erect, stay up, and remain "trouble free" for years.
PURCHASED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY FOR USE IN THE US
Preferred over the Cobra Ultralight in USAF MARS Training Manual
- 600Ω Open Wire Ladder Line Doublet
- 3-1/2" Wire Spacing
- One Conductor from Balun or Tuner to Far End Insulator (TM)
- No Splices, Solder or Crimping to Fail
- Extremely Lightweight
- Low Wind Loading
- 100% Copper, 16 Gauge, 26 Strand Wire, PVC, UV Protective Coating
- 30+ Years of Proven Reliability Worldwide
- 96% Nominal Velocity Factor
- Runs Full Legal Limit
- Nearly Unaffected by Rain, Unlike 450Ω or 300Ω Twinlead
- Most Efficient Doublet Antenna
- Covers all the ham bands
- 100% USA Made!
- Less Expensive Than Purchasing Your Own Materials
- No Need to Make Your Own 600 ohm Ladder-Line With Snap-On Parts
- You'll Be On The Air Before You Can Finish Building Your Own
Read the excellent eHam reviews over the years!
When you put up your first Doublet (that's what this dipole is called), you'll say what every one of us said when we first turned on our rig; "Why the heck didn't I do this 20 years ago?"
You'll see a reduction in noise, increased receive sensitivity, ease of tuning and better signal reports as more power is radiated. You will love it from that first moment!
Check out the FAQ page for more, detailed information.